Career and Transition Coach
Kaiako Ara Mahi me te Whakawhitinga
NZDF Career Transition Coaches are available to help you prepare and navigate the move from Military to Civilian life.
How a coach can help you
What is a transition coach?
Career and Transition Coaches are professionally qualified and highly experienced facilitators and transition specialists.
Who do you help?
Covering all camps and bases, Career and Transition Coaches primarily support Regular Force personal who are leaving, or thinking of leaving the Defence Force. Under arrangement, family/whānau and civilian staff can access the various workshops being delivered.
How can a transition coach help me?
The NZDF Career and Transition team provide confidential and individually tailored 1:1 career coaching, workshops, resources and seminars.
The team provide confidential and impartial advice that will help you create a successful and sustainable career outside the military. The coaches have well established community and business networks, as well as global and local experience across industry, sectors and occupations at all levels. Early preparation is key to ensuring successful career planning and transition - it's never too early to start thinking or planning!
A Career and Transition coach will empower you to:
- Make well thought out career decisions based in interests, needs, attributes, values and opportunities
- Translate your military skills for civilian work
- Articulate your value to employers across mediums
- Prepare and plan for the 'future of work'
- Create an effective CV
- Job search and network strategically
- Connect to industry and employers
- Identify your internal and external networks
- Understand and practice interviewing
Contact one of the Career and Transition Coaches to see how they can help you.