Trentham Military Camp - Trentham Community Support
Our Defence Community Facilitator (DCF), and Defence Coordinator are available to provide support and connect NZDF personnel and their families into local services and events.
Defence Community Facilitator
We have a Defence Community Facilitator (DCF) at Trentham Camp who provides a service for personnel and their families located in Trentham and the wider Wellington Region. The service and support provided can be in response to any family, personal or social issue that you, your partner or family may be experiencing. The DCF can help you access relevant services to assist with your welfare needs
- Coordinate local community activities and events throughout the year, including family events and social activities to connect whānau.
- Information about what is happening at your camp/base, including events, services and resources.
- Can help to connect you with other NZDF family members in the area.
- Can assist with family or community concerns and are able to refer to local services, outside agencies or health professionals as required.
Trentham Camp Library
The Trentham Camp Library is available for use by service personnel and their whānau. The Library collection includes an extensive selection of fiction, non-fiction, military topics, children's books, DVDs and magazines, plus we have access to the resources of other NZDF libraries and other New Zealand libraries for work-related information. Internet computers are also available in the Library.
|Hours||10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Monday - Friday|
|Phone||04 347 7032|
|Location||Clock Tower Building|
Childcare and parental support
Playgroup - The Trentham playgroup meets weekly for coffee and is a chance for parents to chat. They often organise and outings at local cafes. The playgroup is open to all NZDF personnel and their little ones. Please feel free to come along.
|Session||9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays|
|Contact||The Clock Tower Kids|
|Location||The Clock Tower|
Trentham Camp UPF Hire Equipment
The Trentham UPF have an extensive hire equipment list available to defence members. For a list of all available equipment and a pricelist search on DXIS.
|Hours||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. hours Monday - Friday|
|Contact||04 347 7048|
|Location||Compound directly behind the TRSB Headquarters|
- No Eftpos or credit card facilities.
- Minimum hire period is one day.
- Prior to return, hired items must be cleaned and where applicable refuelled, gas bottles refilled (Hire Equip Officer needs to sight the receipt).
- Items hired must be returned by 10am on the pre-arranged date of return. Items must be returned to a staff member, not left outside the compound.
Garages and Carports - Due to the limited number of garages and carports available, names are required to be entered on the waiting list, please get in touch for details.
You can plan a family-friendly holiday staying at Navy, Army or Air Force welfare holiday houses at various locations throughout New Zealand. These houses are available to NZDF personnel and their family at a low cost, they're in great locations and are fully self-contained.
These houses are balloted during holiday periods to make sure all our families have an equal chance of enjoying their benefits. Each service has different criteria for ballot periods and entry eligibility.
For bookings or further information, contact the Leave Centre on DTelN 347 7823 or visit them at the Messines Annex. Access to RNZN, RNZAF and Police holiday homes can be arranged through the Leave Centre.