Member Insurance Benefits Programme (MIBP)
The Chief of Defence Force provides a staff insurance package for all NZDF Regular and Reserve Forces and Civilian (permanent and fixed term) members.
The Member Insurance Benefits Programme has been tailored for NZDF by Aon (NZDF insurance brokers). As at 1 July 2017, the insurer for the NZDF MIBP is AIA New Zealand.
There are a number of Tiers of cover providing a range of benefits for NZDF members and their families:
- Tier 1 - Automatic benefits for Regular Forces, Reserve Forces and Civilian members, paid by NZDF.
- Tier 2 - Additional and top up benefits for Regular Forces, Reserve Forces and Civilian members, paid by the member.
- Tier 3 - Benefits for the spouse / partners of NZDF members, paid by the member or their partner.
- Tier 4 - Benefits for former NZDF members.
- Tier 5 - Funeral Cover Benefit for the defence community visit: https://realcover.co.nz/funeralcover?AON to apply online.
For more information or for quotes and an application please contact Aon, quoting your service number and date of birth:
Phone: 0800 642 748