Defence Force Superannuation Scheme
The Defence Force Superannuation Scheme is now closed to new members. Existing members can continue with the Scheme which is split into three categories - Category A, Category B and Category C.
- Category A covers members who joined the Scheme when it was known as the Armed Forces Superannuation Scheme ("AFSS") i.e. those members who joined the Scheme up to 31 March 2008.
- Category B is split into two classes, Category B Military Class and Category B Civil Class.
- Category C covers members of the NZDF (Civil Staff) Superannuation Scheme ("CSSS") who were transferred from the CSSS to the Scheme on 1 January 2010.
Key features include:
- $250 prezzy cards are available to win every month. The total annual prize pool of $50,000 is provided by the Scheme manager. See a list of the latest winners here.
- An online account, where you can easily track your funds and control how you want your money invested.
- The ability for New Zealand Defence Force Superannuation Scheme members to continue contributing to the Scheme after they leave NZDF.
- Access to seven investment options.
- Competitive fees and returns.