Wills and other services
Why get a will?
Did you know that your $300,000 life insurance needs a Will for it to go to the person you want it to?
5 reasons you need a Will
- You decide who gets your money and valuable items (i.e. Life insurance, KiwiSaver, your home etc.)
- Processing your Will instructions will cost less which means more money in the hands of people you care about instead of paying expensive bills.
- The people you leave money to will get it much quicker.
- You can let your family know your funeral wishes.
- You can state who you would like to have guardianship of your children.
You don't know when the worst could happen. What you do know is that by putting a Will in place you are protecting and helping those you care about during a time when they may need it most.
Regular Force or Civilian members of NZDF
As a Regular Force or Civilian member of NZDF, Aon is providing you with the Will It package subscription through Footprint.
At no cost you get:
NZDF flyer (pdf)
1-year free offer:
Thanks to Aon your spouse/partner also receives the Will It package fully covered by Aon for the first 12 months. Limited numbers are available, so act fast!
- If your Will is complex Footprint will refer you to Perpetual Guardian where you will receive a 2-hour free consultation.
- If your spouse/partner’s Will is complex they will be referred to Perpetual Guardian where they will get a $50 discount on a consultation Will.
- Your spouse/partner’s discount code with Footprint will cover the cost of the Will It package for the first 12 months only. Upon renewal, they will be able to choose to continue with the package at their own cost or cancel and take their Will with them.
- Standard terms and conditions apply (web link)
Already Registered on Footprint Platform?
If you have already done the steps above and have an active account with Footprint, you can log back in to the Will It portal using the email address and password you set up originally.
If you have any questions or need additional support please contact Footprint on:
0800 366 877 or email email@example.com
Veterans of the Defence Force
As a veteran of NZDF, you will get a free Will consult through Perpetual Guardian.
|How to get it:||
Visit Perpetual Guardian and complete the online form
Call 0800 737 738 to be put in contact with an advisor at your closest branch.
Additional Estate Planning Services
Perpetual Guardian also offers special pricing for Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney as a bundle, and a discount on Trusts and estate administration services.
|Perpetual Guardian Consultant Will||Starting from $100|
|PG Will, Veterans only (PG are executors)||$0|
|Executorships (estate administration)||2% of estate or time and costs (whichever is less)|
Please note that there is no requirement to use Footprint or Perpetual Guardian for the making of your Will. They are one of a number of organisations that provide a Will service.
Friends & Whanau Discount:
Friends & Whanau of the the NZDF receive a 15% discount off any Footprint products. To take advantage of this offer:
- Visit myfootprint.co.nz
- Select the product of your choice
- Register your account and answer 6 easy questions
- At the payment screen use discount code NZDFFW
- Proceed to your personalised dashboard and click "Get Started" to create your Will.