Pūtahi HauoraDefence Health Hub
Injury prevention & recovery
Learn techniques and develop new exercise habits to reduce your risk of injury and speed up recovery.
Ways to prevent injury
- Ensure a good warm up and cool down it conducted before and after training. Warm ups should be specific to the exercise to follow.
- Improve flexibility, balance and range of movement through regular stretching and movement throughout the day. Avoid sitting for long periods of time.
- Eat nutritious food - the food you eat fuels your muscles and bones.
- Work on weaknesses
- Listen to your body
- Maintain or improve muscular strength
- Focus on the pursuit of perfect technique - never sacrifice technique for extra weight or speed.